How can Stu help you?
For the past 15 years, Stu Schaff has been a trusted advisor to the leadership of physician organizations, hospitals, and health systems and healthcare attorneys across the United States on a wide range of physician-hospital alignment, compensation, valuation, and transactional matters.
Stu’s experience includes:
- Designing physician compensation models for practices ranging from one physician to large, multispecialty groups
- Appraising the fair market value and commercial reasonableness of hospital-physician compensation arrangements
- Assessing performance of physician enterprises and developing solutions to reduce subsidies
- Creating procedures and tools to streamline clients’ physician contracting process
- Conducting due diligence and valuations of healthcare businesses including medical practices and ambulatory surgery centers
- Facilitating the formation of clinically integrated networks, accountable care organizations, and ambulatory care networks
- Developing analyses for business plans, feasibility studies, operational assessments, transactions, and litigation-related matters
- Frequently presenting at conferences and publishing on healthcare finance and physician alignment topics
Stu previously served on the management team of a large AMC-affiliated medical group, consulted for national healthcare consulting firms, and led implementations of financial planning and budgeting software for hospitals and health systems. He received a B.S. in Finance from the College of Business at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He holds the certified valuation analyst (CVA) designation from the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts and is a Fellow of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (FHFMA).